Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hello world


Those of you that know me, realise that I can talk for forever about rock climbing shoes – now I am blogging it. Generally speaking, I do not like to express my opinions. I mostly prefer to give a perspective that will encourage more thought – if I write something you do not like, please keep this mind.

My intention is to blog about a range of climbing topics, but I will probably commentate a lot about rock climbing shoes.

For a free climber, rock climbing shoes (and chalk) are the only pieces of gear that will actually increase your physically ability to climb rock. All the other gear is fluff. Sure it may save your life if you fall off, but you don’t really need it, if you can hang on. If you have remembered your shoes, you are ready to climb.

Are shoes really the difference? It is sad when climbers blame their shoes for being weak. Harden up.

Check out Wolfgang’s shoes – definitely not downturned.


2 comments:

  1. HAHA, yeah my thought exactly... have you all seen what he climbed "Punks in the Gym" in? A good fit is all that is really needed, and the rest is all what the individual likes or has a preference for, soft/stiff, downturned/flat, assemtrical/or straight lasted. That said if it is soemthing that you are comfortable with and familier with then you will perform better. Usually feet cutting is because of poor core strength, or boddy positioning. Not the rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo shows that too-much-information-shorts are as important as boots when you're on steep ground.

    ReplyDelete